Sunday, May 5, 2013

21. Baggage

"Here, let me carry it!"

"No. I'm fine. I can carry it."

"Come on, you know you're back's gonna hurt in like five minutes. We still have a long way to walk."

"I can carry it."

"...Fine. But don't come crying to me when you're in 'the worst pain of your life!'"

"Shut up!"

"See? You're already struggling. Here, just give it to me."

"I. Do not. Need. Your. Help!"

"You're panting. You couldn't be in more need. Just give it to me, I won't be a jerk about it anymore if that's what you're worried about."

"I'm not."

"So you're just being a dick to prove a point? I'm offering. You're not asking!"

"Fine! You want it? Here, catch!"

"Oof!"

A dust of hands, a hidden grin and a quiet whisper. "Works every time."
Word Count: 137

No comments:

Post a Comment